CHEF Standing Committees
Interested in joining a CHEF Committee? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership and Advancement: The Membership and Advancement Committee is responsible for analyzing and developing strategies for meeting new, potential and existing member needs. In addition, it is responsible for analyzing and implementing strategies for advancing membership with achieving FACHE status.
Committee Chair: Timothy W. Tyler, MBA
Committee Vice-Chair: Meha Singh, MS
Education and Networking: The Education and Networking Committee shall work with the Board of Directors to offer education and networking programs to the members. It shall assure that the Chapter offers at least the maximum number of ACHE supported Face to Face Continuing Education eligible events per year. In 2016, the Leadership Development Task Force was merged with the Education and Networking Committee. Together, the committees work to intertwine leadership in to all aspects of CHEF. They do so by working with the various committees in CHEF and striving to achieve our goals for the year which include the following.
- Develop programs geared towards health executives to develop and advance core competencies defined by ACHE and addressing different leadership types (ethical, business ethics, servant leadership)
- Provide programs relevant to all members at all stages of their career- from early careerist to senior level executives
- Provide guidance and connect members to the additional resources provided by ACHE that promote leadership and career skill development
- Promoting success of CHEF members and highlight achievements through various communication channel
Committee Co-Chair: Imran Faizi, MHA, LSSBB, Department of Veterans Affairs
Committee Co-Chair: Barbara Johnson, FACHE, Johnson Consulting Firm
Chapter Communications: The Chapter Communications Committee is responsible for publication and distribution of the newsletter and all other materials through traditional media as well as the CHEF website (chefchicago.org) and Social Media platforms
1. The Chair will assign committee members to collaborate with Membership and Advancement, Education and Networking, Sponsorship and Finance committee chairs to ensure that each committee has information represented on the website and social media sites
2. The Chair is encouraged to identify a Co-chair for Promotion who would be responsible for promoting events and other important activities to the media and healthcare related organizations and a Co-Chair for Communications to assist in implementing the Social Media strategy including managing and monitoring CHEF groups such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well as manage any website issues
3. The Chair will serve as a liaison to CHEF’s website providers including the Job Board (JobTarget).
Committee Chair: Allison Scherer
Committee Vice Chair:
Sponsorship and Development: Sponsorship and Development: The Sponsorship and Development Committee is responsible for leading the strategy and execution of the annual CHEF Sponsorship Program. The Chair will lead a team of committee members, including Sponsor Liaisons, Event Coordinators, Liaisons to the Communications Committee and Education & Networking Committee, Sales Consultants, and a Sponsorship Database Leader. Please come join a group that is intent on forging new and long-lasting relationships with local Chicagoland Healthcare organizations.
Committee Co-Chair: TBA
Interested in being a sponsor? Contact CHEF at email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion: The Diversity and Inclusion Committee will be responsible for developing policies and initiatives that foster an inclusive environment within CHEF that recognizes the contributions and supports the advancement of all, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. An inclusive environment can enhance the quality of healthcare, improve hospital/community relations, and positively affect the health status of society. In addition, the committee will work to develop and/or maintain strategic relationships with other healthcare societies including, but not limited to, the Asian Health Care Leaders Association (AHCLA), National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE), National Forum for Latino Healthcare Executives (NFLHE), Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). To this point, the Diversity Committee has been a sub-committee under the Membership & Advancement Committee.
Committee Co-Chair: Audra Davis, PsyD, The Exeter Group
Committee Co-Chair: Derrick Mitchell, The Society of Gynecologic Oncology