A Message From Your Regent, Dr. Rupert M. Evans Sr., DHA, FACHE
Dear CHEF members,
In this message I have outlined the following updates and information:
- Summer Enrichment Program
- Choice (formerly On-Location Programs)
- Information from Regional Services1. Summer Enrichment Program Update
1. ACHE and the American Hospital Association’s Institute for Diversity and Health Equity need your help to increase the number of host sites and interns for the 2020 Summer Enrichment Program (SEP). The SEP places diverse graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in health care administration or a related field in 10-week, paid internships within health care organizations. Experienced administrators serve as preceptors and mentors, providing support and career advice as well as those critical early career connections. SEP Interns complete a summer-long “special project”, intended to use their time and talents directed toward a project that could have a lasting positive effect on your organization. The Summer Enrichment Program grows and strengthens the pipeline of healthcare leaders from underrepresented groups by placing diverse students who participate in the SEP each year and, increasing the number of host sites.
Staff from the Institute began working with organizations to match SEP students with host sites in February. Internships generally will take place from June through August. ACHE and the Institute are co-promoting the SEP to increase the number of students and host sites. The SEP will be administered by the Institute. As of March 15, there were 40 host site internships. The official deadline for submitting host site applications is May 24th. After that date, host site applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. There is still time to sign-up!
Encourage your organization to become a SEP host site! Potential host sites can sign-up at this link: www.diversityconnection.org/SEP.
2. Choice (formerly On-Location Programs)
As ACHE works together to advance leaders and the field of healthcare management excellence, we strive to meet today’s challenges with bold, new solutions. One such solution is Choice, our new tailored professional development series, formerly known as On-Location programming.
Choice offers the ability to tailor ACHE’s high quality, professional development programs, seminars and assessments to meet the learning needs or close the competency gaps of an organization or group. Leading every program at ACHE is a respected expert speaker, facilitator or author with a real-world perspective.
Choice programming means that clients receive the professional development needed, where it is convenient and with a cadence, that works best for their organization. During the planning phase with an ACHE Learning Concierge, clients have a choice in who, what, where, when and how their program is tailored. These programs are categorized in a meaningful way, focusing on topics affecting executives and leaders in the healthcare industry today. Several are listed here:
- Advancing Population Health
- Career Resource Management
- Care Delivery Management
- Employee Experience and Relationship Management
- Executive Leadership Coaching
- Fiscal Leadership and Management
- Operational Advancement
- Physician Executive Partnerships
- Patient Experience and Consumerism
- Safety and Quality
- Technology and Information Analytics
For questions regarding Choice programming, the topics listed above, or how we can help bring tailored professional development to your organization, please contact Catie Russo, program specialist. Visit ache.org/Choice for more information.
Rupert M. Evans
Dr. Rupert M. Evans Sr., DHA, FACHE