The ACHE Board of Governors is calling for applications to serve as Regent-at-Large in Districts 2, 3, 4 and 5 beginning March 2018. ACHE Fellows are eligible for Regent-at-Large vacancies within their district.
- District 2 consists of the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia.
- District 3 consists of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
- District 4 consists of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas.
- District 5 consists of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
The primary purpose of the Regents-at-Large positions is to promote in ACHE governance a more diverse representation relative to race, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. The responsibilities of the Regent-at-Large, including suggested knowledge, skills and experience, are included in the position description posted at ache.org/RegentAtLarge. Appointments will be made by the Board of Governors in November 2017. Candidates should not directly contact members of the Board of Governors to request letters of support.
Fellows from Districts 2, 3, 4 and 5 may apply to serve by sending a letter (see specifications below) via U.S. mail postmarked between Jan. 1 and July 15 to Caitlin E. Stine, American College of Healthcare Executives, 1 N. Franklin St., Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60606-3529.
Materials can also be sent via email to email@example.com or faxed to (312) 424-2836. All candidates will be listed in the Member Center of ache.org under the heading ?Regent-at-Large Declared Candidates.? Any candidate not listed by July 31 should contact Caitlin E. Stine immediately. If prospective candidates have any questions about the application process, they should also contact Caitlin E. Stine.
Application specifications: To be considered, applications must include:
- A statement, in the form of a letter, by the candidate that addresses his or her qualifications for the position, including the demographic characteristics, knowledge, skills and experience.
- A professional resume of education and work experience.
Candidates may include up to two letters of support for their candidacy. Letters of support may not be solicited from current members of the ACHE Board of Governors.