ACHE Call for Nominations for the 2021 Slate
ACHE’s 2020–2021 Nominating Committee is calling for applications for service beginning in 2021. ACHE Fellows are eligible for any of the Governor and Chairman-Elect vacancies and are eligible for the Nominating Committee vacancies within their district. Those interested in pursuing applications should review the candidate guidelines for the competencies and qualifications required for these important roles. Open positions on the slate include:
- Nominating Committee Member, District 2 (two-year term ending in 2023)
- Nominating Committee Member, District 3 (two-year term ending in 2023)
- Nominating Committee Member, District 6 (two-year term ending in 2023)
- Four Governors (three-year terms ending in 2024)
Please refer to the following district designations for the open positions:
- District 2: District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
- District 3: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- District 6: Air Force, Army, Navy, Veterans Affairs
Candidates for Chairman-Elect and Governor should submit an application to serve that includes a copy of their resume and up to 10 letters of support. For details, please review the Candidate Guidelines, including guidance from the Board of Governors to the Nominating Committee regarding the personal competencies of Chairman-Elect and Governor candidates and the composition of the Board of Governors.
Candidates for the Nominating Committee should only submit a letter of self-nomination and a copy of their resume.
Applications to serve and self-nominations must be submitted electronically to email@example.com and must be received by July 15. All correspondence should be addressed to David A. Olson, FACHE, chairman, Nominating Committee, c/o Julie Nolan, American College of Healthcare Executives, 300 S. Riverside Plaza, Ste. 1900, Chicago, IL 60606-6698.
The first meeting of ACHE’s 2020–2021 Nominating Committee will be held on March 24 during the Congress on Healthcare Leadership in Chicago. The committee will be in open session at 2:45 p.m. During the meeting, an orientation session will be conducted for potential candidates, giving them the opportunity to ask questions regarding the nominating process. Immediately following the orientation, an open forum will be provided for ACHE members to present and discuss their views of ACHE leadership needs.
Following the July 15 submission deadline, the committee will meet to determine which candidates for Chairman-Elect and Governor will be interviewed. All candidates will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision by Sept. 30, and candidates for Chairman-Elect and Governor will be interviewed in person on Oct. 22.