submitted by Anita Halvorsen, FACHE, Chief Administrative Officer, Presence Health Partners
ACHE Members of the Metropolitan Chicago area,
This Summer Regent newsletter is going to focus on YOU.?? Let me help you with your ONE GOAL for this summer ? take one step forward in developing YOUR career.? In June, ACHE launched a tremendous value add for ACHE members, introducing a unique, comprehensive career management tool?CareerEDGE?.
This complimentary benefit to your ACHE membership will allow you to create a personalized, online Career Dashboard with career management tools, job site links, news items and more. You now have access to several free assessments and valuable members-only resources. ??In addition, the CareerEDGE Framework will help YOU establish or refine your career goals, support YOU while you learn more about yourself and the marketplace, and allow YOU to build a solid career plan based on identifying where you are today and where you need to be to reach your career goals.? Features include:? a personalized online ?Career Dashboard? with career management tools and job site links; access to free assessments (!) including a 360? Working Style tool and a modified version of ACHE?s popular Healthcare Leadership Competencies Assessment Tool; and, a process to help you make the connection between clarifying goals, identifying the competencies required for success, assessing the level of progress toward developing needed skill sets.? This program helps YOU identify continuous learning programs, products and services that align with YOUR leadership development efforts.? This career tool, brought to you by your professional association, is a value add for YOUR career.
Are the assessments in CareerEDGE really free for ACHE members?? Yes, and they include:
?CenterMark: Assess the key attributes and behaviors associated with job performance and satisfaction. This tool provides an in-depth view of 11 key areas associated with job performance for each of the Myers Briggs 16 types including: characteristics, contributions to the organization, management style, communication style, learning style, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution, motivators, team participation, change management and growth opportunities.
?MatchPoint: Assess the key characteristics influencing job fit and satisfaction. This tool helps you, as an employee, better understand your goals, professional contributions, developmental needs and potential pitfalls. It assists both you and your manager in identifying where in the organizational structure you might find the best match with your interests, values and skills.
?ValueBase: An assessment for clarifying your values and the importance of how these values are actualized and expressed in your job. It includes relevant case-based examples, exercises and journaling capabilities. Numerous strategies and templates are provided for your development and community participation.
?Working Styles 360?: A view of observable social behaviors and working styles identified by four themes: Expressive, Amiable, Driver and Analytical. Working Styles analyzes work settings, environment fit, communication and management style with development suggestions. This can be completed as a self-assessment or include a 360? option.
Take the time to focus on your career and future success. Explore CareerEDGE today!? Visit ache.org/CareerEDGE to learn more or contact ACHE’s Career Resource Center at CareerEDGE@ache.org or (312) 424-9375 with questions.
Two additional value adds from ACHE and your local chapter, CHEF, to YOU?.
- ACHE Tuition Waiver Assistance Program – To reduce the economic barriers to ACHE educational programming for ACHE members experiencing economic hardship, ACHE has established the Tuition Waiver Assistance Program.? ACHE makes available a limited number of tuition waivers to ACHE Members and Fellows whose organizations lack the resources to fund their tuition for education programs. Members and Fellows in career transition are also encouraged to apply. Tuition waivers are based on financial need. All requests are due no less than eight weeks before the program date. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Amazing local chapter events in your Chicagoland backyard, organized by Chicago Health Executives Forum ?
- Wednesday August 12, 5:30-7:30pm CHEF Networking Series at? Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital’s Rooftop Garden, 1401 S. California, Chicago.? CHEF is working to bring you and your peers together!? Join us for our second CHEF Networking Event of 2015?and network with local Healthcare executives while learning about a?local healthcare organization.
- Thursday, September 24, 5:30-8:00pm 2015 ACHE/CHEF RAC Fellowship Event at Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s Prentice Women’s Hospital, 250 E. Superior, Chicago, ?The Fellowship Experience:? From Students to Leaders?.?? Similar to many other types of field-based experiential learning options designed for master?s students and early careerists in the healthcare management field, these postgraduate fellowship opportunities have numerous benefits for fellowship recipients and sponsors alike.
- Friday, September 25, 6:30am?12:30pm CHEF September Education Event ? (Face-to-Face Credits!) at Presence Saints Mary’s and Elizabeth Medical Center (Saint Mary Campus), 2233 W. Division St., Chicago.? Panels include topics such as ?Integrating the Principles of Patient-Centered Care, Improving the Health Status of Your Community, and Equity of Care?.
See www.chefchicago.org for details on these events and to register!
Live these values each day?.As Members of the American College of Healthcare Executives, we are committed to:
- Integrity:? We advocate and demonstrate high ethical conduct in all we do.
- Lifelong Learning:? We recognize lifelong learning is essential to our ability to innovate and continually improve ourselves, our organizations and our profession.
- Leadership:? We lead through example and mentoring, and recognize caring must be a cornerstone of our professional interactions.
- Diversity:? We advocate inclusion and embrace the differences of those with whom we work and the communities we serve.
Make developing YOU your ONE GOAL this summer!
Anita Halvorsen, FACHE