Message From Your President – Summer 2018
“It’s a true story that I really owe my position to CHEF. Back in 2005, a CHEF director was friends with a Branch Manager here. The Branch Manager told the CHEF person about an opening here in management, who then passed the intel on to me. The rest, as they say, is history. But it’s the truth that I wouldn’t have known about it had I not been networked in CHEF (I think I was Secretary at the time).” Ray Swisher, Associate Regional Administrator at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, CHEF President 2005 & 2014.
Ray shared that story with me recently, when I congratulated him on celebrating the last 13 years with CMS. I would love to hear your stories about how membership in CHEF has benefitted you and your organizations.
Being the President of CHEF is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the Chicago healthcare community and to continue moving us forward. In my “paying job”, I travel and am fortunate to meet and interact with healthcare leaders from around the country. We exchange the latest information and insights about the healthcare industry. Inevitably, ACHE comes up in these conversations (if not, I make sure to bring it up) and the fact that I am with the Chicago Chapter of ACHE. These healthcare leaders are amazed (and jealous) of how many CHEF members we have and of how active we are. It makes me very proud to be a CHEF member and it should make you proud too. If you have not joined ACHE/CHEF yet, or your membership has lapsed, now is the time.
I hope you were able to take advantage of recent CHEF events:
- CHEFConnects: A Diversity & Inclusion Networking Event (5/15)
- CHEF Leadership Education Series Webinar: Actualize Your Vision With CareerEdge (6/13)
In the coming months, CHEF has several opportunities for you to participate, including:
- CHEF C-Suite Dinner Series – Steven Collens, CEO, MATTER (7/11) and Dan Herbstman, CEO, Third Eye Health (8/23)
- 2018 CHEF Networking Event at Impact Field (8/2)
- 2018 ACHE CHEF Fellowship Program: Healthcare Management Fellowships: Advancing the Next Generation Leader (9/20)
- ACHE/CHEF (2) Face-to-Face Education Programs at IHA Leadership Summit (9/25)
CHEF is here to educate, engage and inspire you on your journey as a healthcare leader in this vibrant Chicago community. Take full advantage, in 2018 and beyond!
2018 CHEF President