Message From Your Regent
Dear ACHE Members of the Illinois – Metropolitan Chicago area,
I look forward to working with one of ACHE?s premier chapters as your Illinois – Metropolitan Chicago Regent.? I would like to congratulate Raymond Swisher, FACHE for his outstanding work as the Interim Regent. His leadership has allowed our region to seamlessly proceed with the mission and objectives of ACHE.?I would also like to recognize Anita J. Halvorsen, FACHE for her years of dedicated and devoted service to the Chicagoland chapter. She has certainly left a legacy of leadership for all to follow.
As your incoming Regent I am honored to be able to serve and carry forward the work of my predecessors and I am actively developing a plan for the future which not only continues some of the important initiatives of the past, but some exciting activities and engagements for the future. Thank you for your vote of confidence in electing me and I look forward to working with our chapter and expanding the viability, vision, mission and goals of our illustrious professional society.
There are many exciting things happening within your organization. Now that the new convocation year has begun and our Congress on Healthcare Leadership has come and gone, ACHE is still working toward its three strategic objectives.
First, preserve and enhance. As an organization, ACHE strives to provide value for every?member and remain a key resource for those who strive to achieve healthcare management?excellence. Last year, ACHE grew 4 percent to a strength of 48,000 strong. Our local chapter is now one of the largest in the country at 1,937 members.
The second strategic initiative is to extend and adapt. Healthcare is continually changing, and?every leader?s path is unique. The growth in the diversity of disciplines, gender, race, geography?and career stage is well-reflected in ACHE, enabling us to benefit from the vibrancy in thought?and approaches to problem solving that are so critical during times of transformation. Even more focused leadership will be required as we continue to see attacks on our healthcare systems and the communities we serve.
Our third strategic initiative is to innovate and educate. The success of our healthcare system relies on strong collaboration and partnerships. Through our partnerships, we can expand our reach and strengthen our ability to innovate leadership solutions while educating the field around best practices. Our local Chapter CHEF, has many opportunities to innovate, educate and invigorate our members.? All of these initiatives can be reviewed in detail by visiting www.ACHE.org. The list below is some of the events planned for this year.?
2017 CHEF Education Program and Networking Event Calendar
(Subject to Change)
- 19 ? C-Suite Dinner, Tin Fish, Tinley Park, IL
- ?26 ? Leadership Education Series Event, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Week of 15th ? C-Suite Dinner
- 23 ? CHEF Connects, a Networking Event, Brando’s, Chicago, IL
- 12 ? CHEF Face-to-Face Education Program in conjunction with the 2017 IHA Annual Meeting
- 20 ? C-Suite Dinner, Francesca’s Restaurant, Frankfort, IL
- 21 ? ACHE and CHEF Fellowship Event, Prentice Women?s Hospital Conference Center, Chicago, IL
- Week of 11th ? Leadership Education Series Event
- Week of 16th ? C-Suite Dinner
- 24-25 ? CHEF and FIHFMA Fall Summit, Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- 1 ? C-Suite Dinner, Nonni’s, Park Ridge, IL
- Week of 6th ? CHEF Face-to-Face Education Program
- Week of 15th ? Inexpensive Networking
- 7 ? Holiday Party to benefit The Boulevard, The Bar 10 Doors, Chicago, IL
- Week of 13th ? C-Suite Dinner
Watch your e-mail for exact dates and time for these events.
As the new Regent I intend to reinstitute the Regents Advisory Council (RAC). ?I would like a representative from the following categories:
- Hospital/Healthcare/Public Health Systems Executives
- Managed Care/Payers/Insurance Executives
- Federal Sector Health Executives
- Healthcare Association Executives
- Healthcare Consultants
- Academic Professional
- Healthcare Procurement/Sales Professional
- Mid-career Health Services Executive
- One Student from each HEN University Programs
I plan on keeping the RAC at no more than 25 individuals. ?The only limitation for membership is that members should be active members of ACHE/CHEF and members of the CHEF Board by policy cannot also serve on the RAC at the same time as their service on the CHEF board of directors.? The term of service on the RAC is one year and appointees may be reappointed. RAC members serve at the pleasure of the Regent and may be appointed or removed at any time by the Regent. RAC members should be appointed via the online appointment tool prior to June 1 of each Convocation year in order to be credited with a year of RAC service for the purpose of the ACHE Recognition Program.
Thank you for your membership and your continued support of the ACHE and I look forward to an outstanding year.
Rupert M. Evans Sr., DHA, FACHE
Regent for Illinois – ?Metropolitan Chicago