“You’re Simply the Best”, a Message From the Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Dear CHEF Members,
“You’re Simply the Best”
The CHEF Connects: Diversity & Inclusion Reception on May 15, 2018 was an exceptional achievement with 132 healthcare professionals and supporters coming together to connect and network with each other. We set a goal to bring Chicago’s current and feature leaders together as we believe “we are better together” and with your help and support we did it.
Mezcalina’s Restaurant was a buzz ALL evening long. From feedback received, we heard the conversations and networking connections were impactful and exciting. Those in attendance shared how important it was to connect with others and network amongst colleagues and establish new relationships and partnerships.
On behalf of the CHEF Connects: 3rd Annual Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Eddie Cruz, CHEF Diversity and Inclusion Chair and Charlene Roderick, CHEF Diversity and Inclusion Board of Director we would like to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation to each one of you who registered and/or participated.
Following is a recap of the evening:
In-between networking, Eddie and Charlene shared CHEF Diversity & Inclusion Committee’s mission and acknowledged our CHEF Connects guest:
- Patina Solutions
- Georgia Casciato, Managing Director Healthcare
- Carrington & Carrington, LLC
- Willie Carrington, Principal/Owner
- Exeter Group
- Mike Watkins, Director
- Philips DiPisa and Associates
- Aaron Mitra, Consultant)
- Alder Bowman
- David Williger, President
Each guest shared an overview of their organization and their interest in connecting and supporting our CHEF Connect attendees.
In addition, the following ACHE Affinity Group Leaders shared information about their organization’s Mission and Vision.
- Phil Burton, President of NAHSE
- Kim Byas, Director of AHLF
- Christopher Nolan, Champion of the LGBT Group
- Michael Britton, President of NALHE
Tim Weidman, CHEF President shared a leadership message and invited everyone at the 3rd Annual Diversity & Inclusion event to get involved with CHEF by joining a Committee and or become a member of ACHE. Tim, introduced and acknowledged the following guest of the evening:
- CHEF Board of Directors and Committee Chairs for their Leadership and Outstanding Service
- Rupert Evans, Regent of Illinois and Metropolitan Illinois.
Dr. Evans recently retired as Division ~ Department Chair at Governors State University, Department of Health Administration—47 years of extraordinary service
- Terika Richardson, ACHE, Regent at-Large Districts 3, President of Advocate Trinity Hospital and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Cie Armstead, ACHE Director, Diversity & Inclusion for her Leadership and support of the Affinity Groups on a National Level
- Cynthia Washington, CEO of Institute for Diversity and Health Equity, shared a few words relative to several initiatives and the up and coming event
In summary, the CHEF Connects: 3rd Annual Diversity & Inclusion Network Reception on May 15, 2018 was an extraordinary event because of your support of CHEF programs and initiatives. Let’s continue to keep the conversation going – We’re Better Together.
With Gratitude & Appreciation,
Charlene Roderick, CHEF Board of Director – Diversity & Inclusion
Eddie Cruz, CHEF Chair, Diversity & Inclusion